Donor advised funds, or charitable gift funds, provide numerous benefits to the donor:
- Donors enjoy the maximum income tax deduction.
- Donors avoid capital gains and estate taxes and, assets grow tax-free.
- Donors can manage their charitable giving similar to a private foundation but without all the cost, regulatory headaches and paperwork.
- The fund handles oversight and administration including gift acceptance, grant processing, recordkeeping, compliance and tax reporting.
- The donor decides whether to keep their charitable giving private or allow it to be acknowledged.
iGiftFund is an IRS-recognized, independent, public charity that sponsors donor advised funds. Its mission is to inspire donors to create, preserve and distribute their philanthropic legacy and to make a truly remarkable impact on the lives of others, including the donor.
With the hallmarks of simplicity, accessibility and low administrative fees, iGiftFund sets the standard of excellence in the industry and distinguishes itself from the large, national commercial and independent DAF sponsors. Based in Hudson, Ohio, iGiftFund works nationally with donors and with financial advisors on their familiar investment platform, in open architecture. iGiftFund’s administrative fees are the most competitive in the industry, starting at just 45 basis points on the first $500,000 tier.