Donor advised funds are much easier to establish than other planned giving vehicles such as private foundations, charitable trusts and supporting organizations. The process for establishing a Donor Advised Fund is outlined below:
- Contact a donor advised fund sponsor such as iGiftFund to set up a fund.
- Contribute assets to the fund using a wide range of assets including cash, stock or real estate. In return for your contribution, you will receive immediate and maximum tax benefits.
- Donors can recommend their financial advisor to manage investments in the fund.
- Donors can recommend grants on a flexible timetable.
- Donors can pass along their family values to future generations by involving children and grandchildren in the granting processing.
iGiftFund is an IRS-recognized, independent, public charity that sponsors donor advised funds. Its mission is to inspire donors to create, preserve and distribute their philanthropic legacy and to make a truly remarkable impact on the lives of others, including the donor.
With the hallmarks of simplicity, accessibility and low administrative fees, iGiftFund sets the standard of excellence in the industry and distinguishes itself from the large, national commercial and independent DAF sponsors. Based in Hudson, Ohio, iGiftFund works nationally with donors and with financial advisors on their familiar investment platform, in open architecture. iGiftFund’s administrative fees are the most competitive in the industry, starting at just 45 basis points on the first $500,000 tier.