Last Updated: 1/29/20
Your Privacy is Not For Sale
Simply put, we do not and will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time
Commitment to Your Privacy
At Independent Charitable Gift Fund (iGiftFund) we’re committed to respecting and safeguarding the privacy of potential donors, current donors, and all others associated with a charitable account. Explore this policy to learn what kind of information we collect, and how we use and share that information.
Safeguarding Your Information, Maintaining Your Trust
We take precautions to ensure the information we capture about you is protected and is accessed only by authorized individuals or organizations. Companies we use to provide support services are not allowed to use information about a Donor for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality. We limit their use of information to the performance of the specific services we have requested.
We restrict access to personal information by our employees and agents. Our employees are trained about privacy and are required to safeguard personal information.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information.
Teaming Up Against Identity Theft
Identity theft is a serious concern to all of us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is our priority. We take steps to protect you from identity theft by:
- utilizing Donor Party identification and authentication procedures before initiating transactions;
- creating a secure transmission connection to our Web Site. You will see the Site Identity button (a padlock) in the address bar to the left of the web address when you visit our website indicating it is a secure site; and,
- ensuring our employees are trained to safeguard personal information about you.
You can also help protect your identity and accounts. Here are a few steps to remember:
- We will never request your account number, login password, or Social Security number in either a non-secure or unsolicited email communication.
- Be sure to shred documents that contain personal information.
- Check your credit report regularly for unauthorized activity and protect your personal identification numbers (PINs) or personal data.
Contact Us with Questions
Independent Charitable Gift Fund
110 W Streetsboro St, Ste 2A
Hudson, OH 44236
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive information about our Services, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, make a purchase, participate in our contests, promotions, and surveys, communicate with us via third party social media sites, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, billing and shipping address, social media usernames, and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as if you decide to purchase and ship products to friends or family. We use this information solely to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to these individuals, unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you and we may associate it with information that you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect:
- Transaction Information:
When you make a contribution, we collect information about the transaction, such as the product details, date of the donation. We may collect and store limited payment information from you, such as payment card type and first six digits and last four digits of your payment card number; however, we do not collect or store full payment card numbers and all transactions are processed by our third party payment processor.
- Website Log Information:
We log information about your use of the website, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our site.
- Mobile Device Information:
We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our mobile site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our site and your experience, see which areas and features of our site are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you when you post content to our pages or feeds on third party social media sites.
Use of Information
- We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by iGiftFund and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of iGiftFund and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
iGiftFund is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of iGiftFund or others;
- Between and among iGiftFund and any current or future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
- We do not sell or rent Donor Party names or personal information to any third party including any firm, vendor or non-profit organization. We do not share your personal information with any third party including any firm, vendor or non-profit organization for their marketing or fundraising purposes.
- We may share the personal information that we capture with government agencies or other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax reporting or for reporting suspicious transactions) to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may work with third party social platforms, such as Facebook, to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way by sending an email to ask@iGiftFund.org indicating the email address you wish to have removed from customized ad campaigns.
iGiftFund takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Information About You
If you have questions about viewing, updating, or deleting information we have about you, please contact us at ask@iGiftFund.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from iGiftFund by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.